Best Coffee Recipes – Peppermint Mocha
Peppermint Mocha is probably my favorite recipe of all the best coffee recipe articles on this site. It is delicious, and festive, and it doesn’t have to be Christmas to enjoy this delicious beverage.
It’s fun to get creative with this recipe as well. You could crush up some candy cane and rim your mug with it. Try using another type of candy cane like cherry. (I heard they came out with pickle flavor, maybe don’t use that for this recipe!)
So let’s get to it. Here is the best coffee recipe for Peppermint Mocha!
What You Need
1 to 2 oz. milk, to taste.
1 cup coffee of your favorite coffee.. to taste
1 packet of hot chocolate
1 tbsp. peppermint syrup (store bought) (Torani – insert affiliate link)
Crushed up candy cane
Optional – a few small marshmallows
1. Pour your favorite coffee into the mug
2. Slowly sprinkle in the hot chocolate while stirring. Be sure to dissolve hot chocolate mixture thoroughly.
3. Time to add the peppermint syrup (buy some here) and stir thoroughly again. You can add more syrup, according to taste.
4. Add just a little splash of milk, you can add more after if it’s not enough, but start small.
5. Top it off with whipped cream.
6. Sprinkle some crushed candy cane to the top.
7. Optional: add a couple of small marshmallows to the top.
Now go and put on a good movie, snuggle up and drink your peppermint mocha.
If you are preparing this for others, you may want to add some festive napkins, or spoons to create the effect.
BONUS: GIFT IDEA
Do you have a coworker you aren’t sure how to shop for? Or maybe you drew a name in secret santa. This makes a great gift idea.
What you Need
- Mason Jars or mugs (1 to 4, depending on how big you want the gift to be) I you chose 4, you may want to grab a serving plate/box underneath so you can wrap as one gift
- Packets of hot chocolate
- A pack of candy canes
- Peppermint syrup
- You could include the whole bottle if you are doing multiples, or if you are making smaller gifts, get a small bottle and give them an individual sized portion.
- Tin wrapped chocolates for decoration
- Tags for the outside or a card
- Print the recipe above on a small piece of paper
Optional: Coffee (single serving if you chose 1 above, and a bag if you chose 4). If someone is a coffee drinker, they likely have coffee at home, so this part isn’t necessary. If they are not a coffee drinker, skip the coffee and the drink will still be delicious, or buy them some decaf.
1. Add the hot chocolate packet (do not open, leave in the package)into the mug or mason jar.
2. Take an individually wrapped candy cane and add it into the cup.
3. If you’ve bought coffee, put it in the mug/mason jar if it’s single serve, if you are including a larger bag, it may have to go on the outside.
4. Take the tin wrapped chocolates and fill the mug/mason jar.
5. Print the recipe and insert the piece of paper into the mug or mason jar.
6. Wrap with cellophane, tie with ribbon and add the tag or card. If you’ve done more than one, you can tie them together with ribbon, or use a small box of serving plate underneath.
This makes a great gift for those who are difficult to buy for and who doesn’t love a peppermint mocha during the holidays?
If they don’t like peppermint, try this Gingerbread recipe.
A Peppermint Mocha Everyone Will Rave Over
This Peppermint Mocha Latte will make your taste buds celebrate!
How to Make a Mocha Latte That Tastes Like a Milky Way
What's better than a Milky Way? A Milky Way Latte! Try this delicious recipe right now!
How To Make A Gingerbread Latte Better Than A Starbucks Barista!
Move over Starbucks, try this recipe that rivals a Starbucks Gingerbread latte!
How to Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte Better Than Starbucks
Stop spending tons at Starbucks and make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home. Try this recipe today!
The Eggnog Latte Recipe So Easy Anyone Can Make It
The Holidays are so much more fun with an Eggnog Latte. Try this recipe today!
How to Make Keto Coffee Taste Good
If you've gone Keto and love coffee, try these delicious Keto Coffee Recipes today!