Best French Reviews
On my quest to make the best cup of coffee I can without breaking the bank, I discovered that a French Press is the most economical option for making great coffee. I thought I would share the best French Press reviews that I found while I was doing my research.
My intention was to find you the best French Press Reviews on the web so you would have multiple options of videos with quality of information, but when I found the video below, there is nothing else left in order to make a buying decision. It really is the best of the best.
It is very comprehensive and leaves no questions unanswered. It saved me tons of time learning about individual French Press brands and types. It really is the ultimate guide to buying a french press.
If you want to skip ahead to see what I bought and why check out My French Press Review Here
Best French Press Buying Guide (by frenchpresscoffee.com)
Things To Consider When Buying a French Press
After watching the video above, I now know what I need in order to make an educated buying decision. I have put a lot of thought into what type of French Press to buy and as discussed in the video above, here are some things you will want to consider when buying your first French Press.
- Do you want only enough for one cup
- Will you want to make coffee for more than one person
- Does it need to be small and portable
- Do you want to be able to see the brewing process (glass, or glass and metal)
- Does it need to be able to retain heat for longer periods of time (ceramic or stainless steel)
- Are you clumsy (glass can be easily broken)
- Do you care if it’s made of plastic
- The classic filtration system allows some grit to pass through
- Some filtration systems allow no grit to come through
- Is it for function only, or do you want it to look stylish as well
- Do you intend to travel with it
- Consider the weight for travel
- Will you need to make more than one cup of coffee, if yes, size will matter
Summary of Best French Reviews
From what I’ve learned by researching through the best French Press reviews that I could find, it seems that for me, the most economical way to get started is the mix of stainless steel and glass French Press at a size that I can easily make coffee for multiple people. What’s the fun in making amazing coffee if you can’t share it with your loved ones.
I ended up going with the Cafe Du Chateau French Press (check out the post about it here). This french press has the following features that I really liked:
- It is big enough to make multiple cups of coffee.
- The filtration system looked good given the price point.
- It’s sleek and will look nice when not in use, so I don’t have to find a spot in my cupboard, I can display it on the counter or coffee nook.
- The glass looks as though it is properly protected, so the risk of breaking it seems lower than if the glass was more exposed.
- There are a lot of reviews and they are mostly positive.
Here are a couple of other options if you aren’t happy with this one. Some of these are mentioned in the video or are variations of what was mentioned. When buying anything on Amazon, always keep an eye on the reviews, and make sure there are lots of positive reviews so you know there are a lot of happy customers already.
Secura Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker Large French Press Coffee Maker – Stainless SteelBodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker,Le Creuset Stoneware 27oz. French Press, MarseilleEspro Travel Coffee Press, Stainless Steel